Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1729671 - 08/10/12 03:21 PM ID Theft Red Flags When to Notify Regulator?
ProfitDefender Offline
100 Club
ProfitDefender
Midwest
Hello -
I've recently inherited our ID Theft/Red Flags program (w/BOD oversight) - and one of the items in question is that any of the "sample" programs/policies I've found, as well as what we've had in place for a few years says we will notify our regulator (FDIC) in the event of ID Theft.

Is there certain parameters on when our regulator should be notified? I'm guessing they don't want to be notified on every single instance, but larger more significant events - but I can't find any sort of definition on that -yes, I realize I may be searching for a leprechaun here smile.
I've searched & am coming up empty handed... any pointers?

Thanks - this group's input is always appreciated!

Return to Top
#1729941 - 08/11/12 12:08 AM Re: ID Theft Red Flags When to Notify Regulator? ProfitDefender
ProfitDefender Offline
100 Club
ProfitDefender
Midwest
anybody/nobody??

Return to Top
#1729971 - 08/12/12 12:06 AM Re: ID Theft Red Flags When to Notify Regulator? ProfitDefender
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The only time I am aware that the notification of your regulator would be required is in the event of a security breach.

Return to Top
#1730459 - 08/13/12 10:18 PM Re: ID Theft Red Flags When to Notify Regulator? rlcarey
ItNeverEnds CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
Looking for my sanity
Originally Posted By: rlcarey
The only time I am aware that the notification of your regulator would be required is in the event of a security breach.

This is the way ours reads, with one small addition in a separate section, our policy states to notify our Regulator if the incident involves a service provider. I can't think of an incident that would involve a service provider that wouldn't be a security breach, so that statement may be overkill, as you would have already been required to notify them of the security breach in the first place.

Return to Top