Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2235885 - 04/29/20 01:42 PM Number of inquiries as a factor affecting score
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
On a tri-merged report, I just noticed something I haven't encountered before.

For this tri-merge vendor, if the # of inquiries affected the score, that score is flagged under the list of 4 factors. And so the preparer clicks a box in the AAN prep software to list it as a 5th factor. Well, on the report I'm looking at right now, the # of inquiries is the 4th factor....yet the flag is there too. And so the preparer listed it as the fifth factor. As a result, the # of inquiries is actually listed twice, though slightly different verbiage. Should I leave it like that, or have the preparer remove the 5th factor since it's redundant? Too me, it's wrong because the # of inquiries is only supposed to be listed as a 5th factor if it's not one of the first 4 factors.

To illustrate, it the factors look like this:
Factor 1
Factor 2
Factor 3
Factor 4 TOO MANY INQUIRIES LAST 12 MONTHS
Factor 5 NUMBER OF INQUIRIES ADVERSLY AFFECTED THE SCORE

Return to Top
#2235888 - 04/29/20 01:51 PM Re: Number of inquiries as a factor affecting score swiggles
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
If the notice has not been mailed, correct it. If it has then leave as is and correct the issue going forward.

Return to Top
#2235890 - 04/29/20 02:03 PM Re: Number of inquiries as a factor affecting score swiggles
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
Thanks, Dan. No....notices aren't mailed until I give the OK from a compliance standpoint. Unfortunately, our denial prep is not centralized. The loan officers and their assistants still prepare the notices....

Return to Top