Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1848882 - 09/05/13 01:21 AM AAN - Provide Credit Report in Lieu of Key Factors
JollyBanker Offline
New Poster
We provide a copy of the credit report and a credit score exception notice, along with the adverse action notice, to every applicant we deny. On our adverse action notice, in place of providing the key factors that contributed to the low score/denial, we'd like to provide a statement that says "refer to credit report," since these reason appear on that report anyway. Is this compliant?

Return to Top
#1848916 - 09/05/13 01:19 PM Re: AAN - Provide Credit Report in Lieu of Key Factors JollyBanker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
IMHO - No. These two notices are stand alone.

"refer to credit report"? Are you giving them a copy of the credit report?

Return to Top
#1848941 - 09/05/13 01:50 PM Re: AAN - Provide Credit Report in Lieu of Key Factors JollyBanker
JollyBanker Offline
New Poster
Yes - we give a copy of the credit report, as well as the credit score exception notice.

Thanks for your response.

Return to Top
#1848943 - 09/05/13 01:50 PM Re: AAN - Provide Credit Report in Lieu of Key Factors JollyBanker
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why would you be handing the customer a copy of the credit report? You need to check your contract with your CRA to make sure you are allowed to do that......

Return to Top
#1848945 - 09/05/13 01:51 PM Re: AAN - Provide Credit Report in Lieu of Key Factors JollyBanker
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
I agree that this will not work. The bank must state the factors, not expect the customer to figure it out.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1850860 - 09/11/13 01:15 PM Re: AAN - Provide Credit Report in Lieu of Key Factors JollyBanker
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
Credit reports often include a LOT of information, and are likely to obscure in the detail the principal reasons a creditor is likely to decline a credit request. It's the credit bureau's job to provide you, the creditor, with data you can use to inform a credit decision. It's your job as the creditor to determine what are your principal reasons for adverse action. You can't push that back on the credit bureau.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1851119 - 09/11/13 07:13 PM Re: AAN - Provide Credit Report in Lieu of Key Factors JollyBanker
niche girl Offline
100 Club
I'm really surprised that you can provide a copy of the actual credit report. Our contracts with our credit vendors are very explicit that we cannot provide an actual copy of the report to the consumer.

Return to Top