Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2257846 - 08/09/21 12:31 PM Dispute and Correction
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
We received an eOSCAR dispute and according to the comment provided by the customer they had closed the credit card with us in 2015 but it was never closed by us. The person who worked the dispute closed the card and reported the date closed as the date the dispute was being worked (7.27.21) and they closed the card in the system. Should the card have been closed and backdated as of a date in 2015 or is it ok to be closed with a current date?

The customer included in their comments that there should not be an inquiry from the bank. The inquiry was because of the review conducted at the time the card was due for reissue. Is there something that needs to be done to remove that inquiry? Is that even possible?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
#2257847 - 08/09/21 01:33 PM Re: Dispute and Correction Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
An inquiry, you mean like a hard pull? And if you agreed with the customer, why would you close it as of today?

Return to Top
#2257883 - 08/09/21 05:49 PM Re: Dispute and Correction Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
First, let me say this. I am barely versed in eOSCAR dispute management. I am trying to teach myself while auditing that area. I am using the Metro 2 2020 Guide and anything else I was able to find regarding eOSCAR dispute resolution and trying to learn from all the various documents. I have not had any formal training yet. So my questions are from a beginners point of view and I am not assuming that anything done by staff was what was supposed to be done, because they don't have procedures or anything else to test against (I know...that is another problem and will be written up).

So I can't say that the dispute processor agreed with the customer, only that they closed the disputed account as of 7.27.21. We don't have any record that the customer requested to close their credit card in 2015. In fact, the card had been reissued with a new expiration date in 2017 and the customer didn't contact us at that time either to ask the account to be closed. Apparently, the dispute processor treated this dispute more like a request for closure, closed out the card and reported that closure in eOSCAR.

Should this have been processed this way? I really don't know. The comment didn't give a month, only a year. If we have to take their word for it that they asked that the account be closed in 2015, then what month are we supposed to show it closed?

Or was it acceptable to just close the account now and report it as closed?

Regarding the hard pull/inquiry...The credit card expiration is every three years so the credit card department does an account review to determine if the card can be reissued. This happened in 2017 and 2020. The hard pull in 2020 was to review the account for reissue. This is the inquiry they are contesting in the comments of the eOSCAR dispute.

Well since we don't have any record of being asked to close the account, we were within our rights to pull credit for an account review at that time. But due to the customer contesting this, do we just need to somehow have the inquiry removed? If so, is this done directly with Equifax, because I didn't see how it could be done through eOSCAR?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
#2257893 - 08/09/21 07:01 PM Re: Dispute and Correction Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I cannot answer the other question, as that is all based on the facts and circumstances, but normally a bank does not do a hard pull for review purposes. The do a review pull (soft pull) which usually does not show on a credit report nor does it impact their credit score is the only reason I asked the questions.

Return to Top