Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2260173 - 09/23/21 09:31 PM Address for Trans Union
liventhedream Offline
100 Club
Please help, Is this the correct address to use for pre-screened offers of credit in the long notice for Transunion related offers:

You have the right to prohibit information contained in your file with any consumer-reporting agency from being used in connection with any credit transaction that is not initiated by you. To prohibit its usage call 1-888-5OPT OUT (888-567-8688) or you may write to the following agency: Trans Union LLC. Attn: Marketing Opt-Out, PO Box 97328, Jackson, MS 39228-7328.

Return to Top
#2260271 - 09/27/21 11:30 AM Re: Address for Trans Union liventhedream
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top
#2260281 - 09/27/21 03:08 PM Re: Address for Trans Union liventhedream
liventhedream Offline
100 Club
Thank you. I have not worked with Pre-screen offers at all and have follow-up questions, is the Sec. 615. Requirements on users of consumer reports (d) Duties of Users Making Written Credit or Insurance Solicitations on the Basis of Information Contained in Consumer Files required anymore.

In looking at offer I received in the mail today, I only see the short and long prescreen notices on these current offers.

Sec 615 (d) Duties of Users Making Written Credit or Insurance Solicitations on the Basis of Information Contained in Consumer Files

(1) In general. Any person who uses a consumer report on any consumer in connection with any credit or insurance transaction that is not initiated by the consumer, that is provided to that person under section 604(c)(1)(B) [§ 1681b], shall provide with each written solicitation made to the consumer regarding the transaction a clear and conspicuous statement that

(A) information contained in the consumer's consumer report was used in connection with the transaction;

(B) the consumer received the offer of credit or insurance because the consumer satisfied the criteria for credit worthiness or insurability under which the consumer was selected for the offer;

(C) if applicable, the credit or insurance may not be extended if, after the consumer responds to the offer, the consumer does not meet the criteria used to select the consumer for the offer or any applicable criteria bearing on credit worthiness or insurability or does not furnish any required collateral;

(D) the consumer has a right to prohibit information contained in the consumer's file with any consumer reporting agency from being used in connection with any credit or insurance transaction that is not initiated by the consumer; and

(E) the consumer may exercise the right referred to in subparagraph (D) by notifying a notification system established under section 604(e) [§ 1681

Return to Top
#2260284 - 09/27/21 03:43 PM Re: Address for Trans Union liventhedream
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX

Return to Top