Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#608375 - 09/01/06 03:15 PM Security interest
Anonymous
Unregistered

Here's my question. I am prior military police and I've been in banking now for a number of years and am thinking about looking into bank security, either with my current bank or going elsewhere. Trouble is, I don't know the position one would call someone looking to start out in that field. Also, do I have the background that may prove desireable. Any responses are appreciated.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#608376 - 09/01/06 03:45 PM Re: Security interest
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
Security Officer. What is the postion you hold at your current bank?

#608377 - 09/01/06 03:55 PM Re: Security interest
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the reply, Queen.

I take care of the HMDA, one-man-job. Every aspect.

#608378 - 09/01/06 03:57 PM Re: Security interest
P*Q Offline

Power Poster
P*Q
Somewhere
You may want to investigate a large bank for entry-level security positions. In my experience, smaller banks generally have only one or 2 security personnel. I handle fraud, physical security (alarms, building access, etc), security training, Loss reporting, etc, etc). If you've got no fraud or bank security experience, looking for a bank with a security department and multiple employees may be the way to go so you gain all the experience necessary to be a Bank Security Officer. Just my 2 cents though. Good luck!

#608379 - 09/01/06 04:05 PM Re: Security interest
Anonymous
Unregistered

I appreciate your input.

Thanks.

#608380 - 09/13/06 06:02 PM Re: Security interest
John K Offline
New Poster
NY
I also have previous military police experience. I started in the bank as a computer operator. When the previous Security Officer retired the position was offered to me. If you can get your foot in the door, you can let the powers that be know your interests, and offer the Security Officer some help. God only knows he could probably us it.

#608381 - 09/13/06 06:14 PM Re: Security interest
Tom at HOME Offline
Diamond Poster
I wish this post was titled Interest in Security. A “security interest” is a consensual lien. They don’t teach that in the military. At least they didn’t when I was in.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale