Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1893585 - 02/04/14 08:42 PM FHA's guidelines - HMDA action taken
HMDA Happy
Unregistered

I'm reviewing files for accuracy and I find this: Applicant applies for a loan and goes down the approval road. Before closing she decides to add her fiancée to the loan. We are unable to do so because it is FHA. As an aside, that blows my mind but apparently unmarried joint applicants being denied due to marital status is a thing, under FHA rules (????). Anyway, she didn’t get the loan. Here’re my questions:
The file is written up as a withdrawn application. Wouldn’t you say she was denied?
If so, there is no denial letter. Send one now, a year later? Denial reason: We do not grant credit to any applicants under the terms (FHA, fiancee) you requested.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1893696 - 02/05/14 02:43 PM Re: FHA's guidelines - HMDA action taken Anonymous
E.E.G.B Offline
Power Poster
E.E.G.B
the sandy shore
That is definitely not a withdrawn application. I don't see what good sending the letter now would be. Just document your findings, re-train, and move on.

#1893936 - 02/05/14 07:29 PM Re: FHA's guidelines - HMDA action taken Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

OP: Hmmmmmmmm so report on LAR as withdrawn (as file says, and in accordance with our only documentation, such as it is) or report as denied when I have no ECOA-required documentation? Kind of a lose-lose here.

#1893972 - 02/05/14 07:54 PM Re: FHA's guidelines - HMDA action taken Anonymous
TB 12 Offline
Power Poster
TB 12
Foxboro
As an aside, the FHA does not have a rule prohibiting non married borrowers from obtaining a loan. Did the fiancé not meet FHA guidelines (FICO, employment, etc.)?

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale