Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2254679 - 05/31/21 09:23 PM Crcm study question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi - for those of you that recently took the CRCM, what was the best study method? Some of the regulations are hundreds of pages and I am not sure if I should try to read each one or focus on the Regulatory Compliance guide from the ABA. I am going to compliance school through the ABA program as well. Basically I am asking if studying the Regulatory Compliance manual is enough or would you suggest printing (?) and studying each regulation. My next question is if you study the actual reg, what did you study? Thank you!!!

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2254694 - 06/01/21 03:48 PM Re: Crcm study question Anonymous
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
I can't offer insight into current practices, but when I served on the CRCM exam committee long, long, long ago, our guiding principle was to tailor the exam questions to high risk topics, not regulatory minutia. For the CRCM professional designation to signify value to current or potential employers, it should convey the idea that CRCMs have a thorough understanding of the high risk regulations--the ones with the potential penalties that could do great harm to a bank's bottom line or reputation.

#2254711 - 06/01/21 06:15 PM Re: Crcm study question Anonymous
InFairness, CRCM Offline
Platinum Poster
InFairness, CRCM
USA
It really depends on your knowledge base. When I was prepping, I found it most helpful to start by taking the quizzes at the end of each section of the ABA Reference Guide to Regulatory Compliance. Then I focused my study time on the areas where my scores showed the most opportunity for improvement. In my case, that was BSA/AML and Reg. W. For those areas, I reviewed the ABA guide, regulatory interpretations, and any recent consent orders.

#2254721 - 06/01/21 07:13 PM Re: Crcm study question Anonymous
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Study the manual, and then go to the compliance school the week before you test/ Everything was nice and fresh in your mind and
I was totally focused on compliance and not the office.

#2254735 - 06/02/21 12:37 AM Re: Crcm study question Retired DQ
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Originally Posted by DeeQ
go to the compliance school the week before you test
That is excellent advice! You might find a classmate who's also cramming for the test...and become a study group!

#2254972 - 06/07/21 08:23 PM Re: Crcm study question Anonymous
J_G Offline
Gold Star
I studied straight from the Reference Guide to Regulatory Compliance.

#2256226 - 07/01/21 06:06 PM Re: Crcm study question Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

I study the exam manual and took the quizzes at the end of the chapter a couple of times. I also used our in house training program that offers courses on every regulation. I felt they highlighted the main points of the regulations that I was not familiar with.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale