Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2280243 - 01/25/23 12:47 PM Consent to pull credit
Anonymous
Unregistered

Designing a LOS. Disclosure page has verbiage that must be read to the applicant. User is then able to indicate the applicant consents or does not to have their credit pulled. Once applicant indicates consent or not, it is date and time stamped with the result.

Currently, it is designed so that if the applicant does not give consent, there is no way to change the selection and the user is not able to proceed to submit the application.

There is the thought that the application should allow for "change of mind" and change the does not consent to consent. This would show in the audit viewer as two entries, does not consent and then consent.

My thought is that if the applicant indicates they do not consent, we should not allow for change. If the applicant decides, hey i change my mind, the app was not submitted, the app is withdrawn, and we should start with a clean application and end up with consented in the audit viewer instead of does not consent and consents in the previous application.

Thoughts?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2280245 - 01/25/23 01:32 PM Re: Consent to pull credit Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Why in the world are you asking for consent if they are submitting an application for credit? That act alone gives you an automatic permissible purpose. You are making a mountain out of a molehill on this issue.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale