Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1071382 - 10/27/08 06:26 PM Anti Money Laundering and Our Bank Info
Anonymous
Unregistered

If we do not have any relationship with a foreign financial institution, is it necessary to respond to their AML questionaire especially if they are asking for bank information such as:

- Bank License Number
- List of Board of Directors and copies of their IDs
- Board of Directors Resolution.

It looks like a mass swift message to all financial institutions. I am uncomfortable in releasing this information especially to institutions we have not done any business with. What are your thoughts on this?

Thank You

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1071383 - 10/27/08 06:27 PM Re: Anti Money Laundering and Our Bank Info Anonymous
Skittles Online
10K Club
Skittles
TN
I would be very uncomfortable also. Check with your legal counsel.

#1071874 - 10/28/08 02:47 PM Re: Anti Money Laundering and Our Bank Info Anonymous
Elwood P. Dowd Offline
10K Club
Elwood P. Dowd
Next to Harvey
I would not give copies of board member ID's to my primary correspondent bank. All this bank would get from me is a phone call...

#1073139 - 10/29/08 09:29 PM Re: Anti Money Laundering and Our Bank Info Elwood P. Dowd
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks Guys:

I feel the same way and I confirmed that we do no business with them from management and told them that I won't even respond to them.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale