Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#1176066 - 05/05/09 05:45 PM cu5fcFRCA/FACT Permissible Purpose?
Anonymous
Unregistered

We utilize a credit pull at inital account opening as part of our way of identifying a new customer, per signed agreement (below).

Question - Can a Personal Banker pull credit on an EXISTING customer when opening a new/additional deposit product? The primary purpose would be for internal cross-selling purposes. Or would this violate FRCA/FACT? I'm not sure if this falls under the permissible use of "If authorized in writing by the consumer." (Please see final line of agreement language)

Agreement Language:

I/we authorize XXX to check my/our account, credit and employment history, to obtain customer credit reports from third parties, including credit reporting agencies, to make whatever inquiries it considers appropriate to determine my/our eligibility for the accounts or services I/we request, and to verify the identity of all account holders and authorized signers. In addition, I/we agree that XXX may utilize my credit report information for internal marketing and cross sell purposes.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#1176544 - 05/06/09 02:57 AM Re: cu5fcFRCA/FACT Permissible Purpose? Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I think you need to talk to your attorney that drafted that language. Cross selling is never a permissible purpose and getting written permission to pull such a report is very questionable. Not to mention it most likely violates your contract and current certifications with your credit reporting bureau.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale