Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2218882 - 07/31/19 09:11 PM Help! Possible TRID violation
NWComp27 Offline
New Poster
We have a loan that did not have the monthly PMI disclosed. I am trying to determine what the cure would be, but for the life of me cannot figure out how to calculate the finance charge from the information I have on the LE (I don't have access to our LOS, so I can only go off the info I have on the LE).

To complicate matters more, the loan term was changed after the initial LE was changed, but PMI would have been required either way. The new terms are for a lower rate and a shorter term.

Do I calculate what the finance charge would have been had the loan terms stayed the same?

So my questions are: How do I know what the finance charge was on the initial disclosure and what it would have been had the applicant stuck with a 30 year loan? And what is the right way to calculate the cure for this between the two loans?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2218884 - 07/31/19 09:23 PM Re: Help! Possible TRID violation NWComp27
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I am confused. You closed a loan with a CD that failed to include the PMI payments in the finance charge and APR calculations?

If that is the case, then the PMI insurance just became lender paid. That would be the cure.

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale