Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2256971 - 07/20/21 06:22 PM Mortgage Loan Applics must open a Deposit Acct
Anonymous
Unregistered

Is there any issue for requiring an applicant to open a deposit account at the bank if it will be the same for all applicants?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2256972 - 07/20/21 06:28 PM Re: Mortgage Loan Applics must open a Deposit Acct Anonymous
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No problem at all, except for the people that walk down to the next bank that does not require it. Or the people that put $10 in it and it ends up costing you $50 a year to service it.

#2256977 - 07/20/21 07:47 PM Re: Mortgage Loan Applics must open a Deposit Acct Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

I mentioned that could be an issue, but they still want to require it, so I just want to make sure there is no regulatory issue with it.

#2256980 - 07/20/21 08:36 PM Re: Mortgage Loan Applics must open a Deposit Acct Anonymous
Skittles Offline
10K Club
Skittles
TN
Remember - if this is a requirement anyone who has this 'waived' needs to be tracked and reported as an exception. We all know that there will be some 'good' customers who won't have this requirement.

#2256983 - 07/20/21 08:49 PM Re: Mortgage Loan Applics must open a Deposit Acct Anonymous
BrianC Offline
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
What they can't do is require automatic payments from that account as "Compulsory Use" is prohibited by Reg E 1005.10.

#2256999 - 07/21/21 01:28 PM Re: Mortgage Loan Applics must open a Deposit Acct Anonymous
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks everyone for your excellent input!

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale