Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

New Reply Thread Options
#2279738 - 01/12/23 02:25 PM Reg O - Financial Statements
Anonymous
Unregistered

While working on a Reg O audit, I came across an executive officer who got a loan, but their financial statement we had on file was dated about 22 months before the date of the loan... I know the reg says we must have a "current" financial statement when making a loan to an executive officer, but I can't find anything to specify what "current" is. Any input?

Of course I don't think anyone would consider 22 months old to be "current" but just wondering what to suggest as a rule of thumb going forward? Within 12 months?

Return to Top Reply Quote Quick Reply Quick Quote
#2279742 - 01/12/23 02:32 PM Re: Reg O - Financial Statements Anonymous
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
i would consider current to be the period immediately preceding the loan request, so within 30 days. however, also depending on the type of loan, amount, and if a prior loan already on the books, that may change to a longer period.
Last edited by HappyGilmore; 01/12/23 03:13 PM. Reason: clarity

#2279746 - 01/12/23 03:24 PM Re: Reg O - Financial Statements Anonymous
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Let me ask you what your written policy states when someone applies for a loan that calls for providing a current financial statement? What is acceptable? If it is not 22 months, then you have an automatic Reg O violation for preferential treatment.

Quick Reply:
HTML is disabled
UBBCode is enabled

Moderator:  MagicCity, P*Q, Truffle Royale