Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1350932 - 03/02/10 02:55 PM HMDA Data Export to Excel Help Needed
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
I'm trying to export my data to Excel for fair lending analysis. I tried it as a .dat file, but that creates more work since I have to cut and paste from a long line of text into separate cells. I know I'm doing something wrong. Can anyone help me? Is there a way to export it so that the data falls into its respective columns without me having to basically spread the data manually?

Thanks in advance!

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1350955 - 03/02/10 03:18 PM Re: HMDA Data Export to Excel Help Needed Dani York, CRCM
#12 Offline
Diamond Poster
Yes. Export it as a .dat file. Open excel first, then open the .dat file (you may have to change your file type to "show all files" or whatever. Then it will walk you through what your field separater (I spelled that wrong, sorry!) is, which columns you want to import, etc. Then it should open correctly into excel. You will then File --> Save As a .xls file.

Hope that helps, my terminology may not be exact, but it should get you through.

Return to Top
#1350977 - 03/02/10 03:39 PM Re: HMDA Data Export to Excel Help Needed #12
Dani York, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
Dani York, CRCM
TN
Thanks. Your reference to the field separater helped. I figured out that I wasn't checking the ASCII Delimited option. Once I did that it worked perfectly.

Thanks again!

Return to Top
#1991340 - 01/27/15 04:48 PM Re: HMDA Data Export to Excel Help Needed Dani York, CRCM
Norman Paperman Offline
Diamond Poster
Norman Paperman
48.934476, -114.343735
Bumping this one up for all of you people stuck in the HMDA mud with me. Very helpful if you haven't done it before.

CRCM

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM