Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2024138 - 06/30/15 06:19 PM Online GMI Collection
terpsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
How do you avoid customer's submitting monitoring information for non-HMDA loans? We include the notice in appendix B of reg B but it does not state when the customer does not complete the information.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2024139 - 06/30/15 06:20 PM Re: Online GMI Collection terpsfan
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Do you use the same application form for all loans? That can be a risky proposition for non-GMI loans.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#2024150 - 06/30/15 06:40 PM Re: Online GMI Collection terpsfan
terpsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
The application is the same for all online closed end mortgages. Our online application site does not have a way to only show the request for specific purposes.

Return to Top
#2024157 - 06/30/15 06:51 PM Re: Online GMI Collection terpsfan

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Could you have a separate application for different purposes? Or remove the GMI section and have a separate GMI form? I don't know how your system works but that is what I would explore to avoid a pattern and practice violation.

Return to Top
#2024218 - 06/30/15 09:15 PM Re: Online GMI Collection terpsfan
terpsfan Offline
Diamond Poster
Can we add some language stating the purposes that it should not be completed for? How do other online mortgage applications work because a customer could apply for a loan and put refinance as the purpose but not be refinancing any dwelling secured debt?

Return to Top
#2024222 - 06/30/15 09:29 PM Re: Online GMI Collection terpsfan
raitchjay Offline
Power Poster
OK
If your applicant fills out the wrong application, it seems more defendable to me than if you have nothing but a catch-all application that includes the GMI for multiple purposes, some of which prohibit the collection of GMI. We're currently working on an online applications and creating a home equity type that would trigger the GMI only if HMDA criteria are met.

Return to Top
#2024236 - 06/30/15 10:38 PM Re: Online GMI Collection raitchjay

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
Originally Posted By raitchjay
If your applicant fills out the wrong application, it seems more defendable to me than if you have nothing but a catch-all application that includes the GMI for multiple purposes, some of which prohibit the collection of GMI. We're currently working on an online applications and creating a home equity type that would trigger the GMI only if HMDA criteria are met.

And this would protect the bank if a customer made a mistake. The bank has a process to only gather when needed, the customer completed the form incorrectly, or changed their mind. No error by bank.

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM