Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1972280 - 10/27/14 10:09 PM Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls
kake Offline
Oregon
Applicant is ABC Horseboarding. Loan is to purchase property with large personal residence and 2 small rentals in addition to horse stalls to be rented out. Currently the stalls are not rented. SBA Funds are for the purchase of the property and a start up business. HMDA reportable? Occupancy code? The LLC will not be occupying any of the residences. Any help greatly appreciated.

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#1972289 - 10/28/14 03:55 AM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
Kathleen O. Blanchard Offline

10K Club
Kathleen O. Blanchard
If everything is to be rented out, it is business purpose, which would be why SBA is funding as a business loan.
www.kaybeescomplianceinsights.com

Return to Top
#1972490 - 10/28/14 06:20 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
TMatt87 Offline
Diamond Poster
TMatt87
Idaho
If the loan is secured by the home, then yes, it would be a HMDA reportable purchase. If the property is titled in the business name, I would code it as non-owner occupied.

Return to Top
#1973021 - 10/30/14 02:35 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
awilli Offline
Gold Star
I believe it would depend on what the primary purpose for the property is. Is the primary purpose for dwelling, or for horse stalls? If the "2 small rentals" are dwellings (i.e. residential rental homes), then that could still be HMDA reportable. The good news is that since you have a business borrrower, the collection of GMI is not applicable.

This is one of those deals that's not black and white, so I would recomend that whatever decision is made (whether HMDA reportable or not) that you clearly document the loan file what your decision was and support why you made that decision.

Return to Top
#1973128 - 10/30/14 05:04 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Mixed-use can't (IMO) be used in that way. The mixed-use test is to be employed when there's mixed-use within a structure, not when you have obvious dwellings with no other use and other structures on the same tract with a commercial use. Their commercial use doesn't change the residential use of the dwellngs.

Return to Top
#1973180 - 10/30/14 07:10 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
RR Becca Offline
Power Poster
RR Becca
out of the frying pan...
I agree with raitchjay. What I see here is a purchase money loan for 3 residences and a barn. The SBA loan for the boarding facility does not negate the existence of the 3 residences.

Return to Top
#1975380 - 11/07/14 10:20 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
dlucas Offline
NC, USA
To chime in on the occupancy:

As long as that personal residence is owned by the LLC, it would be non-owner occupied. If, for whatever reason, the home is parceled out separately and the individual who will be living in the home actually owns it, it would be owner occupied.

Return to Top
#1977462 - 11/19/14 04:52 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
Karen A. Luttrell Offline
Karen A. Luttrell
Central NY
Since you are talking about LLC's, I was wondering if someone could help me with this question ---- If a loan is issued to a LLC with two owners (one female, one male)how do I report ethnicity, race and sex? Are they recorded as "not applicable" since it is a commercial loan or do I have to record them as applicant and co-applicant and provide the information for each?

Return to Top
#1977468 - 11/19/14 05:09 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Assuming the loan is to the LLC.

If they sign as members of the LLC only then you collect and report no information on them.

If they sign as individuals then you will collect their information but report only one of them as a co-borrower with the LLC.

Return to Top
#1977475 - 11/19/14 05:12 PM Re: Loan to LLC - personal residence + horse stalls kake
Karen A. Luttrell Offline
Karen A. Luttrell
Central NY
Thank you Dan!

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM