Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2259636 - 09/13/21 06:39 PM HMDA Reportable?
jel99 Offline
The loan is for a down payment on a property in South America. It is on permanent financing and secured by two rental dwellings in the U.S.. Would this be HMDA reportable?

Return to Top
HMDA

HMDA Academy
#2259638 - 09/13/21 06:51 PM Re: HMDA Reportable? jel99
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Since the loan will be secured by dwellings located in the U. S. it would be reportable. However since the property being purchased does not qualify as a dwelling the loan would not be a purchase.

(c) Scope. This part applies to financial institutions as defined in §1003.2(g). This part requires
a financial institution to submit data to the appropriate Federal agency for the financial institution
as defined in §1003.5(a)(4), and to disclose certain data to the public, about covered loans for
which the financial institution receives applications, or that it originates or purchases, and that
are secured by a dwelling located in a State of the United States of America, the District of
Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

Return to Top
#2259639 - 09/13/21 06:52 PM Re: HMDA Reportable? jel99
Adam Witmer Offline
Power Poster
Since the collateral is two rental dwellings in the US, yes this is HMDA reportable (unless another exemption applies).

(c) Scope. This part applies to financial institutions as defined in § 1003.2(g). This part requires a financial institution to submit data to the appropriate Federal agency for the financial institution as defined in § 1003.5(a)(4), and to disclose certain data to the public, about covered loans for which the financial institution receives applications, or that it originates or purchases, and that are secured by a dwelling located in a State of the United States of America, the District of Columbia, or the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico.

All statements are my opinion, not those of my employer, and should not be taken as legal advice.
www.compliancecohort.com

Return to Top

Moderator:  SMQ, CRCM