Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#21845 - 06/25/02 04:42 PM ICBA audit training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am considering attending the ICBA Internal Audit Institutes I & II in order to obtain the Certified Community Bank Internal Auditor designation. Does anyone have any feedback on the ICBA or this designation? Is this a valuable designation? There are several auditing designations offered out there and I want to know if this is a good one.

Return to Top
Audit
#21846 - 06/25/02 06:23 PM Re: ICBA audit training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I graduated from the ICBA Audit program last May and I highly recommend it. In Sept. I plan to attend their Annual Conference, I hope that it will be as good. You make good contacts by attending the school.

Return to Top
#21847 - 06/25/02 07:27 PM Re: ICBA audit training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I attended the Auditing Institute I last year in Kansas City, MO. It was fine...at the end of the week (Friday), a test was given. I will attend week II in Sept. and hopefully passed that test to receive the certification. I haven't seen many banking auditors with the CCBIA designation. I see more of the CBA (Chartered/Certified Bank Auditor)designation offered by the Bank Administation Institute. The CBA designation, in my opinion, is more thorough.....

Return to Top
#21848 - 06/26/02 05:23 PM Re: ICBA audit training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also completed the CCBIA program through the ICBA. The Federal Reserve examiners suggested it and I really learned a lot. I left banking for a few years, let my certification lapse and am now trying to recertify. The ICBA has been wonderful to work with and I will be retesting at the fall seminar. Wish me luck!

Return to Top
#21849 - 06/26/02 09:32 PM Re: ICBA audit training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have completed the certification program through ICBA and found it to be very helpful. I have also completed their compliance program and have attended the annual conferences. The "Tom and Jerry Show" is excellent and I would highly recommend it.

Return to Top
#21850 - 10/17/02 06:19 PM Re: ICBA audit training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I'm not familiar with the ICBA audit training, but I am familiar with ICBA. I am a Certified Community Bank Compliance Officer and attended ICBA training. I would highly recommend anything that ICBA has to offer. Enjoy!

Return to Top
#21851 - 10/18/02 01:38 PM Re: ICBA audit training
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have been informed that I will start learning internal audit and have not been given any guide lines, where do I find information on both of the schools mentioned. Does anyone have any leads on a good compliance school? I am very interested in getting certified in both. Thank You In will give my e-mail on request if it will help.

Return to Top
#21852 - 10/18/02 01:55 PM Re: ICBA audit training
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z