Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#98675 - 07/18/03 04:53 PM Audit Testing
DawgFan Offline
Diamond Poster
DawgFan
United States
I am looking for some advice. I am getting ready to start an audit where I will have bank employees call the bank and pose as customers. The reason they are doing this is to determine whether or not customer service staff are adhering to certain procedures. I would like other auditors' opinions on this before I start. What do you guys think? Is this an effective testing method? What do you see as potential pitfalls? Have you done audits of this nature before? How did it go?

Return to Top
Audit
#98676 - 07/18/03 04:57 PM Re: Audit Testing
Risk Officer Offline
100 Club
Dallas
We have done this before and did not encounter any problems. We did, however, observe numerous instances where our employees didn't follow proper procedures or give out technically correct information. Training followed...

Return to Top
#98677 - 07/18/03 09:52 PM Re: Audit Testing
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
The outsourcers who offer this kind of testing (usually for fair lending purposes) are extremely strict about following a script to be sure that the same questions are asked & facts presented in every test.

Return to Top
#98678 - 07/21/03 10:54 PM Re: Audit Testing
NotALawyer Offline
Gold Star
NotALawyer
Scripts also help reduce the chance of the "customer" using jargon that only a bank employee would know.

Return to Top
#98679 - 08/01/03 09:03 AM Re: Audit Testing
Anonymous
Unregistered

We have done this type of testing. But this is normally done by the marketing department.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z