Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#120294 - 10/04/03 07:40 PM Compliance certification
Anonymous
Unregistered

Does anyone out there no of any good compliance certification programs - preferably online?

Return to Top
Audit
#120295 - 10/05/03 03:47 AM Re: Compliance certification
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
The most recognized certification, in my opinion, is the CRCM. If a program is too easy, it isn't worth it. The CRCM is NOT available online and it isn't easy.

I don't know of any certifications available online. And I would recommend looking for one of value and respect as well as being recognized nationally. Good luck.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#120296 - 11/20/03 02:20 AM Re: Compliance certification
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sheshunoff Compliance Certification Program is a good one.

Return to Top
#120297 - 11/20/03 09:02 AM Re: Compliance certification
Anonymous
Unregistered

BAI has a certification called CRP Certified Risk Professional. There are individual sections in CRP such as audit, compliance, lendingg, etc.

Return to Top
#120298 - 11/20/03 01:17 PM Re: Compliance certification
Retired DQ Offline
10K Club
Retired DQ
Turnpike Exit 10
Just an FYI on the difficulty of the CRCM exam: an examiner told me that only 75% (on average) of the examiners who take the exam pass it on the first try...

Return to Top
#120299 - 11/20/03 04:49 PM Re: Compliance certification
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Andy has made the critical point in his answer to the original-post question. There are NO certifications that one could currently obtain through an online interactive or website study mode that would hold any credibility with others in the financial sector. I am an auditor with audit-specific certifications, but I recognize that the CRCM is a credible and substantive certification -- as are the CRP and CBCO. I'm just not comfortable with the proliferation of online-related "certifications", and to some degree the "awarding" of these certifications may actually discredit the individual holder of the certification. There really is a due diligence process that one needs to engage in before committing the costs and time to any certification. Assuring return on investment is very critical.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z