Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#160811 - 02/14/04 02:29 PM Post implementation review
Joe Offline
Joe
Overseas
What is the purpose of the system post implementation review? My boss does not think that there is any added value to such a review. Any comments

Return to Top
Audit
#160812 - 02/15/04 12:29 AM Re: Post implementation review
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
Define "post implementation review". If this is a review to see if systems or procedural changes have worked as planned, they are absolutely necessary in many cases. Changing an interest rate accrual routine, as an example, requires that you verify it does what it is intended to and has no side effects. The entire process has to agree with your disclosures.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#160813 - 02/16/04 12:01 AM Re: Post implementation review
Rocky P Offline
Power Poster
Florida
You are doing an audit to see if what you installed actually works the way you expected it to! There are so many little bugs that can occur, and there will always be issues. The object is to catch them immediately while you have the opportunity to easily correct them, or modify the new program to what you want it to do.

An example - We had a switch, where a user defined field on the new program meant "drop a statement every day" instead of outsort for commercial loan review. (Our mailroom was happy that was corrected.)

It's time consuming, but worth it.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z