Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#20092 - 06/07/02 10:48 PM IT Audit Resources
catroy Offline
New Poster
I need recommendations for an IT Audit Company for a fast growing community bank in La Jolla, California (FDIC Regulated.) We have 1-1/2 people devoted to IT and are not looking for new equipment or to purchase new monitoring software. Our desire is to have a long-term relationship with a company that will help to identify any areas of weakness and suggest ideas to increase effeciency.

Return to Top
Audit
#20093 - 06/10/02 02:32 PM Re: IT Audit Resources
Maria Offline
Platinum Poster
Sylacauga, Al, United States
We use GFM Consulting, Inc. The gentlemen's names are Gordon F. Morris, CBA, CISA and Ray. O. Powell, Jr., CBA, CIA, CISA, CFE. They deal in audit, security, & information technology consulting. Their telephone number is (205) 985-5258. I am not sure how far they travel.

I know from other posts that I have read before that there are also a few other people that help us on here that also do consulting work. One gentleman was actually one of the prior examiners that helped write the GLBA. He responded to a post I did before.

I hope this helps you.

Opinions are mine not my employer. Also I am not marketing for any company or individual. I am not a lawyer so no legal advice is intended.

Return to Top
#20094 - 06/10/02 03:07 PM Re: IT Audit Resources
teresa Offline
teresa
Maryland
Mr. Morris and Mr. Powell do seminars for BAI (Bank Administration Institute)which I have used extensively over the years. Years ago BAI offered an IT Audit program, but I can't find it listed in their catalogs or website any more.

Return to Top
#20095 - 06/10/02 11:00 PM Re: IT Audit Resources
Anonymous
Unregistered

There is a CPA in Dallas named Wayne Barnett who has contributed policies and articles to BOL. I've spoken with him twice, checked his references, and recently received a proposal for doing an IT audit. He's a little more expensive than the other companies I contacted, but he does a good job of explaining complex technical issues. The board will review his proposal at its next meeting. His web sit is www.barnettcpa.com.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z