Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#293564 - 12/27/04 07:44 PM Loan review training
Bartman Offline
Diamond Poster
Bartman
Springfield
I know BAI offers both a national loan review conference and a certification program, and am looking at the conference this coming year & starting certification in 2006.

Are there other programs out there, or is this pretty much the industry standard for loan review?

Return to Top
Audit
#293565 - 12/28/04 04:25 PM Re: Loan review training
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
I don't know of another national program other than BAI. That is a very good program as I just had someone in my department complete the certification. It is a 2 part program and I know at one time you could test out of Part 1.

Your state banking association or state community banking association may offer loan review program. I went through one back in 2001 through our community bankers association (Indiana) and it was a series of 4 seminars. The first was how to set a loan review program up. The second was on reviewing consumer loans. The third, which was on September 11, 2001, was on reviewing commercial loans, and the last one was on report writing and current issues with examiners.

Return to Top
#293566 - 12/28/04 08:08 PM Re: Loan review training
Anonymous
Unregistered

You may want to check out state associations other than your state. My state use to offer a program, but have not done so in several years, but surely some do.

Return to Top
#293567 - 12/28/04 08:58 PM Re: Loan review training
Creditcop Offline
Diamond Poster
Creditcop
Indiana
Here is a seminar schedule for Young and Associates. Wayne Linder teaches the loan review seminars and he is very good. The series is now 3 sessions. I was able to take a lot of what Wayne taught and adapt it to our bank's loan review program and the examiners are very happy with it. (as happy as examiners can get)

You would think that as important as the loan review function is today that there would be more training available.

Young and Associates seminar schedule

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z