Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1534805 - 04/13/11 01:45 PM Trust Department Audit
Audit Newbie Offline
New Poster
On the coast of somewhere beau...
I was wondering if anyone out there could tell me of any classes/education available on Trust Department Auditing? I have had a hard time locating any classes. Thanks for your help!

Return to Top
Audit
#1534832 - 04/13/11 02:13 PM Re: Trust Department Audit Audit Newbie
Cornfed Turtle Offline
Diamond Poster
"...Somewhere in Middle Americ...
Have you tried your local CPA society? There are usually CPE offerings on the topic.

Cannon Financial offers the gold standard in trust training and our local CPAs have all been there. (And so have your trust officers! My trust officer still shoots me a training flyer every now and then.) There are also seminars and newsletters through The Firma.

You should also search the Institute of Internal Auditors. Don’t know what they’ve had recently, but it’s worth looking into.

The big question for me was always - - how complex are the department’s activities?

Return to Top
#1534980 - 04/13/11 04:11 PM Re: Trust Department Audit Cornfed Turtle
Its Just Me Offline
Midwest
ICBA offers a class on auditing the Trust Department.

Return to Top
#1535190 - 04/13/11 07:08 PM Re: Trust Department Audit Its Just Me
COMPLIcated Offline
Diamond Poster
OK
I have not been to formal training for this but I received a lot of help and advice from one of the FDIC examiners when they were here.

Return to Top
#1537552 - 04/19/11 06:30 PM Re: Trust Department Audit COMPLIcated
Audit Newbie Offline
New Poster
On the coast of somewhere beau...
Thanks! I'll look into the IIA and the CPA society and see what they have to offer. I saw the ICBA's class and it looks great, but they are not offering it in 2011. I appreciate all your suggestions!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z