Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2246236 - 12/07/20 07:03 PM FDICIA Business Account Source Documents
Compliance516 Offline
I'm curious as to what other FIs are using as their FDICIA source document for business accounts when checking back the information on the account to the system. Thanks!

Return to Top
Audit
#2246263 - 12/08/20 12:44 PM Re: FDICIA Business Account Source Documents Compliance516
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
First, I am not sure I understand what a FDICIA source document for business accounts would be in the first place. FDICIA compliance is based on internal risk assessments of critical functions and then the establishment of proper controls. So, it might depend on the risk and the mitigation factors you have identified.

If you just mean - is this business who they say they are, then that would be based on entity documents that can be confirmed as filed with the State.

Return to Top
#2246264 - 12/08/20 12:51 PM Re: FDICIA Business Account Source Documents Compliance516
osucpa Offline
Diamond Poster
Remember FDICIA are management's controls, the job of audit is to test to determine if the controls are properly working.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z