BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1193612 - 06/01/09 02:45 PM Tutorship?
CloudShape Offline
Platinum Poster
CloudShape
Edge of Sanity
We were presented with a check payable to "Tutorship Son and Daughter, Mother Tutorix". I am unfamiliar with what a "Tutorship" would be and was told it was unique to Louisiana. Can anyone give me more information on this?

Ding ding!

It's for you. . . .

Return to Top
#1193771 - 06/01/09 05:38 PM Re: Tutorship? CloudShape
Ski Offline
Platinum Poster
South Louisiana
TUTELAGE, TUTOR, TUTORSHIP -. State of guardianship; the condition of one who is subject to the control of a guardian.

TUTOR - A person who has been lawfully appointed to the care of the person and property of a minor.

By the laws of Louisiana minors under the age of fourteen years, if males, and under the age of twelve years, if females, are both, as to their persons and their estates, placed under the authority of a tutor. Above that age, and until their, majority or emancipation, they are placed under the authority of a curator.

TUTORSHIP - The power which an individual, sui juris, has to take care of the person of one who is unable to take care of himself. Tutorship differs from curatorship.

Hope this helps.

Return to Top
#1193911 - 06/01/09 07:29 PM Re: Tutorship? Ski
CloudShape Offline
Platinum Poster
CloudShape
Edge of Sanity
It helps somewhat. My concern is that the check appears to made out to both children but Mom wants to put all the funds in an account in just one child's name. Is that allowed?

Ding ding!

It's for you. . . .

Return to Top