BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#628610 - 10/24/06 07:55 PM Change in Terms/Fee Increases
complylady Offline
Platinum Poster
complylady
Michigan
We are increasing our fees in a few months and I want to be sure we properly disclose. I know we have to notify the customers in advance (Reg DD says 30 days, but I am thinking we need to give more notification than that). Because we are changing several fees (like overdraft, wire fees), do we just put on the statement something like, "On 00/00/2006 certain fees will be increased, please refer to the enclosed Fee Schedule." We are also changing monthly maintenance fees on some of the accounts, so should this be disclosed on the statements specifically to each type of account? And what is the timing? Can anyone who has worked on this please provide some guidance.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#628611 - 10/25/06 02:36 PM Re: Change in Terms/Fee Increases
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
The minimum is 30 days before the change takes effect. Anything longer than that is gravy as far as the customer is concerned.

Using account-specific statement notices can work for you, too, as long as you make sure the last statement cycle to get the notice gets it at least 30 days before your effective date.

And of course, you have to be specific with the date the change will take effect.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett