Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2258116 - 08/12/21 01:05 PM Policy Language on Customer Threats to Employees
hsbs Offline
Good morning BOL family,

I am reaching out for a little help, please. While seldom, we do get emails or calls from customers threatening employees. I was wondering if any of you cover this in any of your policies. I am thinking this is something we could include in our Customer Complaints Policy, but perhaps some of you might suggest placing it in a different policy. If so, which policy? Do you make it part of Escalations? Do you have an independent section that covers it? How do you handle these calls and emails? Any input or sample language would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks!

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2258131 - 08/12/21 03:06 PM Re: Policy Language on Customer Threats to Employees hsbs
BrianC Online
Power Poster
BrianC
Illinois
How do you handle these calls and emails?

One strike and you're out. Here's your cashier's check. Don't come back.

Return to Top
#2258148 - 08/12/21 04:47 PM Re: Policy Language on Customer Threats to Employees hsbs
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
we have a policy on Workplace Violence, it is covered there, and we have zero tolerance, regardless of the instigator.

Return to Top
#2258155 - 08/12/21 06:00 PM Re: Policy Language on Customer Threats to Employees HappyGilmore
hsbs Offline
Thank you, HappyGilmore. Are you able to share the language inserted in that policy? A copy and paste of just that section, please.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett