Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2267007 - 02/28/22 08:51 PM Reg E - Cancellation without a cancellation date
Shannon R Offline
New Poster
Our client is disputing charges from a merchant from 3/8/2021 - 1/31/2022. The client states she thought the website was free when she signed up for the service. Then she states she emailed the merchant and attempted to stop the payments and cancel the service. The merchant would agree to cancel but the client continued to get billed. Per the terms and conditions of the merchant the only way to cancel is to go to the website, your account, subscription and cancel. Our client is stating they emailed to cancel. I have looked at the website and there is not phone number to call the merchant to see if the client did cancel and when. I have emailed them but gotten no response. 1) Are we able to deny based on the terms and conditions the client did not follow to cancel properly? 2) The client has not given us a cancellation date so we do not know what charges were unauthorized after she cancelled and which ones are not. Are we able to deny based on the fact we cannot differentiate which charges our client is disputing since she listed all the charges on the paperwork?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2267010 - 02/28/22 09:06 PM Re: Reg E - Cancellation without a cancellation date Shannon R
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
"Then she states she emailed the merchant and attempted to stop the payments and cancel the service".

Did you ask for copies?

Return to Top
#2267013 - 02/28/22 09:59 PM Re: Reg E - Cancellation without a cancellation date rlcarey
Shannon R Offline
New Poster
Yes we have asked for copies of the email and still haven't gotten anything. Several calls have been made to the client to get the paperwork signed, find out the cancellation date and get evidence of her cancellation and have not been able to reach the client or get a call back. The transactions are $19.99 each so they are below our amount to do a chargeback with Visa. I have until 3/18 to make our final decision on this case.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett