BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#501248 - 02/21/06 02:39 PM Maintenance Verification
LynnH Offline
100 Club
LynnH
NH
We've had a request from the retail area to stop having to send over maintenance forms for changes they did to customer information or accounts unless it it a critical field. They felt that really only name and address and social are critical so that any other changes should not have to be checked by deposit ops.
I'm not sure I agree with this and my compliance officer thought it was FDIC Safety and soundness that required us to perform these checks.
I was hoping someone might be able to point me in the right direction as to what requires these types of double checks.

Thanks.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#501249 - 02/21/06 03:32 PM Re: Maintenance Verification
waldensouth Offline
Power Poster
waldensouth
FINALLY ABOVE the gnat line
These checks are necessary to have sound internal controls. It may be that all maintenance is not critical or couldn't cause problems. However, do you have a dormant account indicator on your deposit accounts? Would changing that to an active account by an employee who then drains the account be considered "critical"? Before taking that suggestion - look at all the field that could be maintenanced to determine where the most damage could occur if it wasn't caught immediately.

- Frederick Douglass

My Opinion Only.

Return to Top
#501250 - 02/21/06 06:03 PM Re: Maintenance Verification
Jokerman Offline
10K Club
Quote:

look at all the fields that could be maintenanced

That's the key - sure, there are likely a bunch of fields on your system that aren't critical. Do you trust your reviewer to get the big picture of which ones are and which one aren't?

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett