Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1791192 - 03/04/13 09:07 PM ACH R15 - Deceased
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Friend of a customer came in and told us that the customer had died. She expressed that there was no living family that she knew of and heard that 'a funeral home' was holding the body. However, she didn't know which one and did not know the date of death.

I'd like to file a timely ACH R15 to return some SSA/SSI payments (received on 3/1/13, after we learned of death). However, without knowing the date of death, what would we put for the date? Can we put all zeroes or something else such that they can at least research it? Or should we just 'leave it alone' (accounts are all frozen) until we hear something definite?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1791217 - 03/04/13 09:47 PM Re: ACH R15 - Deceased Doug Hendrickson
John Burnett Offline
10K Club
John Burnett
Cape Cod
If you don't have confirmation of the death other than the report from a friend, I would not take action without knowing what the date of death was. You might consider doing a review of obits or contacting the funeral home to get that information. In the meantime, if there truly is no family, it's unlikely any of the funds are going anywhere.
Bankers' Threads User #8

Return to Top
#1791237 - 03/04/13 10:17 PM Re: ACH R15 - Deceased Doug Hendrickson
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
Thanks John. No obit that I could find and none of the local funeral homes claim to have him. I've frozen the account, so I'll just sit tight.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett