Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#1876398 - 12/05/13 06:40 PM Health Care Payments via ACh
JenF Offline
JenF
Just went to an ACH Processing and Compliance seminar and still a little confused about the new rules for Health Care Payments via ACH....

Are all RDFIs required to be able to provide the Payment Related Information (Reassociation Number) if requested by a customer who is a Health Care Provider or is this optional?

If required are we allowed to charge the customer for this information?

Does this information need to be in an electronic format or can it be printed out and mailed to the customer?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#1876406 - 12/05/13 06:47 PM Re: Health Care Payments via ACh JenF
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
Are all RDFIs required to be able to provide the Payment Related Information (Reassociation Number) if requested by a customer who is a Health Care Provider or is this optional? yes

If required are we allowed to charge the customer for this information? yes

Does this information need to be in an electronic format or can it be printed out and mailed to the customer? contractual arrangement between you and your customer

Return to Top
#1876459 - 12/05/13 08:11 PM Re: Health Care Payments via ACh JenF
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I don't believe the information can be printed out and mailed. The supplement states that "Mail, unsecured fax or unsecured e-mail of payment related information is not considered a secure, electronic delivery method", which is required by the change.

I could be wrong.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett