Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2204563 - 01/31/19 02:46 PM Mailing statements for charged off deposit account
Rancher Offline
Can anyone point me to the correct Reg that says how long we are required to send statements after a deposit account has been charged off please? Our accounts are typically charged off from OD's, fees, or fraud. My thinking is that a charged off account is a closed account, so regulatory-wise we just need to send a final statement and after that it's up to our own internal policies on how long we want to send them. All I'm finding is from Reg E official interpretation 1005.9(b) that says "A financial institution need not send statements to consumers whose accounts are inactive as defined by the institution." Also, if we have a charged off account that the customer sets up a payment plan, we give them TIL disclosures since it's technically a loan now. Is there a reg that would require a statement for this scenario?

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2204594 - 01/31/19 04:36 PM Re: Mailing statements for charged off deposit account Rancher
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
The DDA account is closed - what is there to send? There are no statement requires for that type of loan.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett