Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Learn More - Click Here!

Thread Options
#2213501 - 05/14/19 01:23 PM Christmas Club periodic statements
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
If a Christmas Club account is funded only by cash or check deposits and is paid out to the customer annually in November, does the account require at least quarterly statements or only a statement in November when the balance is paid out?

Does the fact that an account could have an EFT into the account mean that at least quarterly statements are required?

Thanks in advance.

Return to Top
Operations Compliance
#2213543 - 05/14/19 05:46 PM Re: Christmas Club periodic statements Likes to Comply
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
1005.9(b) Periodic statements. For an account to or from which electronic fund transfers can be made, a financial institution shall send a periodic statement for each monthly cycle in which an electronic fund transfer has occurred; and shall send a periodic statement at least quarterly if no transfer has occurred.

Return to Top
#2213566 - 05/14/19 07:45 PM Re: Christmas Club periodic statements Likes to Comply
Likes to Comply Offline
Diamond Poster
In the mountains
Thanks smile It's what I understood but I wanted to be sure I wasn't reading into things that weren't there.

Return to Top
#2213580 - 05/14/19 09:01 PM Re: Christmas Club periodic statements Likes to Comply
HappyGilmore Offline
10K Club
Pulling people out of the ditc...
one of the reasons we no longer all our christmas club accounts to accept electronic transfers...have to walk in to a branch to make it. i'd just as soon eliminate them completely

Return to Top
#2213597 - 05/15/19 12:24 PM Re: Christmas Club periodic statements HappyGilmore
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Retire them to the same museum as counter checks and passbooks.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z, John Burnett