Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2258342 - 08/17/21 10:39 PM Affiliated Business Disclosure Web Referral
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
If a website refers consumers to an affiliate that provides settlement services, say the bank's website says we recommend you go to ABC mortgage company for your mortgage needs and then includes a link to the mortgage company website for applications, would the affiliated business disclosure need to be provided on the website as well so that it is provided at the time of the referral?

How would this work if the referral was made over the phone?

Or am I missing some kind of clear exemption to this?

Return to Top
RESPA
#2258570 - 08/24/21 04:54 AM Re: Affiliated Business Disclosure Web Referral Inspector
Inspector Offline
Gold Star
I think I sorted this question out. The disclosure should be on the website.

To piggyback on my own question, the affiliated business disclosure needs to list the estimated charge or range of charges generally made by the provider. Would this only include charges that would be paid by the borrower to the provider? Thinking of a broker that is lender paid so the broker would not be charging anything directly for the broker's work. Would the disclosure list $0 or would it need to have an estimate of what the broker gets from the lender?

Return to Top

Moderator:  QCL