Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#29614 - 08/27/02 03:05 PM Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
Suwannee Offline
Platinum Poster
Suwannee
Florida
Howard Lax has written an article on the RESPA proposal that is on the Greatland website. I would like to say congratulations to Howard for a fine (and entertaining) article.

http://www.greatland.com/newsletters/ComplianceMatters/NewsLetterDetail.asp?NewsID=51&NewsletterID=233

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#29615 - 08/28/02 01:27 AM Re: Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
Princess Romeo Offline

Power Poster
Princess Romeo
Where the heart is
Thanks for the link. Hopefully, Howard won't mind if we use some of the article in our comment letters?

Return to Top
#29616 - 08/28/02 12:34 PM Re: Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
RVFlyboy Offline
Power Poster
RVFlyboy
Soaring over Georgia
I wouldn't think he'd mind, especially since he posted the text of the article here on this forum himself.

Return to Top
#29617 - 08/28/02 03:09 PM Re: Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
Howard Lax Offline
Gold Star
Howard Lax
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Well, it was not the whole article that I posted here - I posted the initial draft on this forum. I want to thank the members of the forum for providing food for thought that allowed me to round out the article somewhat. Please feel free to use parts of the article in your comment letters. I also suggest that you look at the economic analysis published by HUD at http://www.hud.gov/offices/ogc/ea-chapters.pdf and find ways to poke holes in HUD's assumption that their rule is going to save consumers a lot of money (it will not) and not cost the industry that much (it will).

Return to Top
#29618 - 08/28/02 03:22 PM Re: Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
William Offline
Gold Star
William
In a location
As often made available on this web site, a very practical solution, assistance, and guidance. Thanks, Howard, for your help.

Return to Top
#29619 - 08/30/02 03:08 AM Re: Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
Thank you Howard, for a well thought out article on the new RESPA proposal. You mentionned numerous things that I haven't even thought about. Thanks for your work and contributions.

Return to Top
#29620 - 08/30/02 07:21 PM Re: Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
Howard Lax Offline
Gold Star
Howard Lax
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
BankersOnline should establish a Second City forum for comments on proposed federal regulations.

Return to Top
#29621 - 08/31/02 05:21 PM Re: Howard Lax's RESPA Newsletter
Lucy Griffin Offline

Diamond Poster
Lucy Griffin
Good idea, Howard. We've done that with HMDA and will have a comment site for this RESPA proposal. We plan to set it up in conjunction with the Sept 25th seminar which will include discussion of comment ideas and concerns. This is really an issue where bankers MUST speak out and be heard!

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z