Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#144594 - 12/31/03 04:43 PM Applications
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am fairly new to compliance and I received a question today that I thought perhaps you could help me with. In which regulation does it state what accounts requires an application to be filled out? Do I have to fill out an application on a participation loans?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#144595 - 12/31/03 04:52 PM Re: Applications
Andy_Z Offline
10K Club
Andy_Z
On the Net
There are many times when an industry practice, bank policy or investor requirements will be more stringent than a regulation.

§202.4(c) A creditor shall take written applications for the dwelling-related types of credit covered by §202.13(a).

This is the only time it is required by reg. But other requirements may apply, as noted above.

Also, this question would be better asked in the Lending forum. This one, Ask a Banker, is for consumers to ask bankers questions.
Last edited by Andy Z; 12/31/03 04:54 PM.
Rules and Regs minus Relationships equals Resentment and Rebellion. John Maxwell

Return to Top
#144596 - 12/31/03 09:44 PM Re: Applications
SMQ, CRCM Offline
Power Poster
SMQ, CRCM
Between the lines
While this better suited to the Lending forum, I'll throw this in for the newbie, check your bank's loan policy -- ours says we get a written application on consumer loans.

Hint, check out our other forums and be sure to register, BOL makes this job much easier.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z