Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#149421 - 01/13/04 06:56 PM Martial Status
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never let it be said compliance is boring!!! Latest question that came in - What verification will I need for same sex married couple??? Since Reg B doesn't require a bank to verify - only collect marital status - I would think nothing. Just take what they select to mark for marital status. Even though the state this happened in does not recognize that type of marriage - I still don't think the state law would have an effect on this situation.
What are your thoughts. Sorry for the anonymous post but I just can post my name...

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#149422 - 01/13/04 07:37 PM Re: Martial Status
rlcarey Online
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
In answer to your post - you are correct - nothing.

However, you stated:

Quote:

Since Reg B doesn't require a bank to verify - only collect marital status - .....

Reg B does not "require" you to collect marital status - it allows you to make the inquiry.

Return to Top
#149423 - 01/13/04 08:13 PM Re: Martial Status
David Dickinson Offline
10K Club
David Dickinson
Central City, NE
IOW, if you ask & then mark "married" leave it. If they mark something else, leave it. When it comes to all collection, whether ethnicity, race, sex, age, etc., my motto is "I don't care". I don't care what they mark, even if I think he is a she, I don't care.

Return to Top
#149424 - 01/13/04 10:09 PM Re: Martial Status
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
I think the title of this thread is rather humorous....

"Martial" status....meaning warlike, military or soldierly. Surely nothing was intentionally insinuated.....

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z