Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#592280 - 08/02/06 06:35 PM Home Equity question
pmoore Offline
New Poster
A parent and children own a home together. The ownership is split between the parent and the children. The children will not be on the note. What documents do the children need to sign? and do the children's spouses need to sign also?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#592281 - 08/03/06 03:45 PM Re: Home Equity question
Dutchman Offline
Colorado - specific info I can...
What needs to be signed depends on lots of things...IMO, the security agreement/DOT and whatever docs are required to perfect the lien on the property are the first things that come to mind. Right to Cancel notices are another. Whether the spouses would need to sign would depend, at least in part, on whether they are subject to or in a community property state. There may be other state specific requirements on that as well that would be prudent to check on.

Return to Top
#592282 - 08/03/06 04:09 PM Re: Home Equity question
file queen Offline
Gold Star
file queen
Nevada
A non-borrowering vestee (that is, someone on title but not on the loan) should be signing the DOT, Final TIL, and Right to Cancel. Plus anything else required by your state.

Return to Top
#592283 - 08/03/06 04:12 PM Re: Home Equity question
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
The material disclosures and the Right to Cancel under Reg. Z is only required if the residence is the consumer's primary residence. However, state law may dictate otherwise.

Return to Top
#592284 - 08/03/06 04:17 PM Re: Home Equity question
file queen Offline
Gold Star
file queen
Nevada
Too early-I just assumed it was O/O, without asking.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z