Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#598643 - 08/14/06 07:16 PM AAN
15jwolander Offline
100 Club
PA
Is an Adverse Action Notice required to be provided to a cosignor? New Computer program being implemented and the Company is saying its not required. We have always sent them in the past, bur I can't find where Reg B indicates it has to be done. Any help appreciated.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#598644 - 08/14/06 07:49 PM Re: AAN
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
An AAN required by the ECOA does not have to be sent to the co-signer, only to the primary applicant. But the AAN required by the FCRA does if information from their credit report was used in the denial.

Return to Top
#660706 - 01/03/07 10:11 PM Re: AAN Dan Persfull
M Cockrell Offline
Diamond Poster
M Cockrell
Dallas, TX
If a CBR is obtained but does not play a part in a denial (e.g. customer has good credit, but is given reduced counter-offer based on LTV), must the FCRA notice be provided in the AAN (we use a combined notice for ECOA & FCRA)?

Return to Top
#660723 - 01/03/07 10:31 PM Re: AAN M Cockrell
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
No - only if the credit decision was based in whole or in part on the credit report would the FCRA adverse action notice be applicable.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z