Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#988098 - 07/03/08 10:08 PM Personal LoC with Resid. as Collat.
"Rita" Offline
New Poster
Utah, USA
If a customer obtains a LARGE line of credit for personal use but the bank takes the customer's home as an "abundance of caution", are the disclosure requirements to follow 12 CFR 226.5(a)-Credit Cards or should the bank handle it like a Home Equity under 12 CFR 226.5(b)?

I'm wondering if a Laser Pro Revolving Credit Agreement and Disclosure satisfies adequately the requirements. There were FINANCE CHARGES assessed at inception and they are broken out and disclosed on the agreement as "Additional Finance Charges" but the APR disclosed is the interest rate given and there is a separate section that breaks out a "Daily periodic rate" to be disclosed on periodic statements.

Help! I think I really need to call it a day, I think I'm over thinking this.
Any guidance would really help!
Last edited by Jacque M.; 07/03/08 10:09 PM.
Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#988115 - 07/03/08 11:02 PM Re: Personal LoC with Resid. as Collat. "Rita"
KQuinn Offline
New Poster
WW Wa
From what I understand, the fact that you're taking the property as an "abundance of caution" is irrelevant when it comes to RESPA and Reg Z. If you take their primary residence as collateral for an open-end consumer purpose loan, for all intents and purposes, you have a HELOC and the appropriate HELOC disclosures should be given.

Return to Top
#988119 - 07/03/08 11:38 PM Re: Personal LoC with Resid. as Collat. KQuinn
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
KQuinn is absolutely correct. The only thing ABC relieves you of is some appraisal requirements. You have to follow all the disclosure requirements of 226.5b. And don't forget the flood requirements.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z