Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1258181 - 09/28/09 09:35 PM SCRA - Reserve Question
ckb Offline
I want to make sure I am understanding the requirements of the SCRA accurately for those ordered to active duty as a member of a Reserve Component. In reading the SCRA, it states that a “member of a reserve component who is ordered to report for military service is entitled to the rights and protections of this title and titles II and III during the period beginning on the date of the member’s receipt of the order and ending on the date on which the member reports for military service.” (The max interest rate of 6% is covered under title II).

Does that mean that if the Orders are dated August 13 and they are to report to their unit home station on Sept 10, we only reduce their interest rate to 6% for those few interim weeks (if requested in writing with copy of the Orders)?

Does that also mean that we would use the date of the Orders as the start date, despite the Orders stating, "You enter Active Duty upon reporting to unit home station."

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1258599 - 09/29/09 05:20 PM Re: SCRA - Reserve Question ckb
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Quote:
Does that mean that if the Orders are dated August 13 and they are to report to their unit home station on Sept 10, we only reduce their interest rate to 6% for those few interim weeks (if requested in writing with copy of the Orders)?

No. They are eligible for the 6% reduction in rate from the date they receive their active duty orders for loans obtained prior to reporting. Once they report, any debt incurred after that date is not eligible for the reduced rate under the SCRA.

You'll find further discussion on this in the SCRA forum.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z