Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1344321 - 02/17/10 02:11 PM Online Mortg App - mailing TIL to co-applicant?
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
We had an opinion from FDIC last year (as well as our online mortgage app provider) in the case of a mortgage application with multiple borrowers who have the right to rescind - because Reg. Z says each of them must receive a separate copy of the TIL, for an online mortgage application, you must mail the early TIL to the co-applicant(s).

Are others of you doing this?
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1344428 - 02/17/10 03:30 PM Re: Online Mortg App - mailing TIL to co-applicant? CalifDreamin
RR Joker Offline
10K Club
RR Joker
The Swamp
No, we give all parties the final TIL (but then we always prepare a final and never rely on the eTIL)

Say you'll haunt me - Stone Sour

Return to Top
#1344509 - 02/17/10 04:20 PM Re: Online Mortg App - mailing TIL to co-applicant? RR Joker
wtsjomh Offline
Yes, we mail out a copy of the preliminary TIL (the same one they are assumed to have viewed online) to the co-borrower only, specifically addressed to them on the envelope.

It has nothing to with the final TIl, imo.

Return to Top
#1344534 - 02/17/10 04:36 PM Re: Online Mortg App - mailing TIL to co-applicant? wtsjomh
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
I agree. All who are entitled to rescind must receive a copy of the ETIL. Review 226.17(b) and (d).

Return to Top
#1344646 - 02/17/10 06:09 PM Re: Online Mortg App - mailing TIL to co-applicant? Dan Persfull
CalifDreamin Offline
Diamond Poster
CalifDreamin
Far from Calif
Thank you! Yes, I agreed it was required, especially after the formal opinion. Just got the line "we are the only ones doing this...are you sure it's really required? It's a lot of extra work..." You know how it goes. smile
Always
Say
A
Prayer
<><

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z