Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1680584 - 03/21/12 07:20 PM Home Improvement
CrazyTimes Offline
CrazyTimes
Really not sure anymore
Home Improvement loan documents have wrong loan date on them. Instead of March 2012, they have March 2010. All calculations are correct. Should borrower come back in and resign the documents that have the wrong date on them. Was just an error in the loan platform.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1683789 - 03/29/12 05:41 PM Re: Home Improvement CrazyTimes
Kevin_bank Offline
MO
Signed loan documents are important and become remarkably more important if there is ever an issue. I would do everything I could to get the documents corrected.

Return to Top
#1683849 - 03/29/12 06:56 PM Re: Home Improvement CrazyTimes
Dan Persfull Offline
10K Club
Dan Persfull
Bloomington, IN
Send them a cover letter identifying the clerical error along with a corrected copy of the document. Ask them to return a copy in the enclosed postage paid envelope and to keep a copy for their record.

If they return a signed copy, great. If they don't, no big deal. Just keep your documentation of what you sent them.

Return to Top
#1684135 - 03/30/12 02:27 PM Re: Home Improvement CrazyTimes
Truffle Royale Offline

10K Club
Does the mortgage your recorded say 2010?
Is so, I would DEFINITELY correct it and get the correction recorded.

All but one of the states we work in uses an Affidavit of Correction to fix an error like this. It's a one page document that states the error and the correction.

For instances like yours, we add the following:
Note: Affiant(s) acknowledge that the above error occurred on all other documents pertaining to this closing. Grantor(s) signature below affirm correction as if it were made to each of the documents signed and dated same day as Mortgage above referenced.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z