Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1699290 - 05/14/12 07:09 PM Using stamp to date early disclosures
BankerChic24 Offline
Midwest
I recently came across a loan file in which the date of the borrower signature on the early disclosures have been stamped in with a rubber stamp, instead of written in by the borrower. Is this an acceptable practice?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1699335 - 05/14/12 08:10 PM Re: Using stamp to date early disclosures BankerChic24
Loralie Offline
100 Club
Loralie
IL
don't take my word as fact, but if it is a problem, then ALL the files in my bank are in trouble. We rubber stamp everything.

Return to Top
#1699340 - 05/14/12 08:14 PM Re: Using stamp to date early disclosures BankerChic24
Richard Insley Offline
10K Club
Richard Insley
Toano, VA
Since no signature or date are required on the early disclosures, there are no violations of the regs requiring delivery of these documents.

Return to Top
#1699374 - 05/14/12 09:15 PM Re: Using stamp to date early disclosures Richard Insley
swiggles Offline
Power Poster
swiggles
At one time, we had a disabled customer who could not sign his name and so signed everything with a rubber stamp of his signature. That was back in the day, but it seems like we had some sort of agreement to say that if someone stole and used his stamp, it was his problem. Who knows what was kosher "back in the day?".....when we could obligate someone with a "promise to pay" executed on a paper sack or a napkin. wink

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z