Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1763560 - 12/04/12 02:27 PM Notice to Home Loan Applicant penalty
wrightasw Offline
New Poster
What is the penalty for failing to provide the Notice to Home Loan Applicant. I know if you didn't provide it you can't cure this violation.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1763562 - 12/04/12 02:32 PM Re: Notice to Home Loan Applicant penalty wrightasw
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Examination citation and worse if there is other problems in your mortgage leanding operations. There are no specific CMPs, if that is what you are asking.

Return to Top
#1763619 - 12/04/12 04:09 PM Re: Notice to Home Loan Applicant penalty wrightasw
Doug Hendrickson Offline
Power Poster
Doug Hendrickson
I wouldn't wait for the examination citation, though. Was this an isolated instance or did you find other similar violations? Either way, try to determine the root cause and then provide training and/or institute a control process such that you minimize the chances of it happening again. The proactivity may weigh in your favor.

Return to Top
#1763621 - 12/04/12 04:11 PM Re: Notice to Home Loan Applicant penalty wrightasw
ahkcompliance Offline
Diamond Poster
Midwest
A control process could be checking with your vendor. I know alot of vendors will offer mailing the notice to the applicant(s). You will just have to rememember to print a copy out and put in file as proof that it was given.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z