Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#1769693 - 12/21/12 03:03 PM Banker's Tools RE-Consumer Purpose
Combustible Offline
Diamond Poster
I'm confused--in your Banker's Tools checklist for R/E as collateral for consumer purpose loan, under application, the first item "Application" states: "Application without monitoring info"? I think I must be missing something--be nice!

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#1769695 - 12/21/12 03:08 PM Re: Banker's Tools RE-Consumer Purpose Combustible
Combustible Offline
Diamond Poster
I should also have noted this is under the commercial lending topic-

Return to Top
#1769696 - 12/21/12 03:09 PM Re: Banker's Tools RE-Consumer Purpose Combustible
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Which checklist? I'm looking at Banker's Tools and there are tons of checklists. smile

Return to Top
#1769697 - 12/21/12 03:09 PM Re: Banker's Tools RE-Consumer Purpose Combustible
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
Oh.

Return to Top
#1769699 - 12/21/12 03:13 PM Re: Banker's Tools RE-Consumer Purpose Combustible
raitchjay Online
Power Poster
OK
If i'm looking at the same one as you, that seems a little vague to me. "Real estate" may or may not include a dwelling, and banks may or may not be HMDA reporters, so blanket statements of "need GFE" or "need application without monitoring" don't really work, IMHO.

Return to Top
#1769741 - 12/21/12 03:57 PM Re: Banker's Tools RE-Consumer Purpose Combustible
Combustible Offline
Diamond Poster
Of course, thanks for reminding me that RE may not include a dwelling. Sometimes my past experience as a RE agent and past experience as a lender get in the way of my now position in compliance. Most of the time it's helpful, but sometimes what I learned before compliance wasn't always lawful. I'm trying to update our Commercial Lending program, and in our latest commercial exam we ran a cross a problem with a HMDA reporting bank not collecting GMI on business loans to individuals purchasing or refinancing 1-4 family rental properties. I learned a lot in the review, and so have the commercial lenders. I held off from asking BOL questions, because I worked with the help of a very experienced compliance person who pointed out to me the need for GMI collection on something other than the HMDA entry log. So now, that I've gotten your attention, I'll ask for your experience also concerning this issue. Please let me know if I need to clarify--I usually do! Thanks

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z