Skip to content
BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2218104 - 07/22/19 12:52 PM Co-signor signature on credit card disclosures
Traceyb258 Offline
New Poster
Good morning. Our lending department was questioning if a co-signor's signature on a credit card account opening disclosure could be dated after the primary borrower's signature. They sent account opening disclosures to the primary borrower to have him and his co-signor sign. When the disclosures were returned the borrow had signed on 7/15 and the co-signor signed on 7/18. Is this acceptable or should the co-signor have signed prior to show understanding of their responsibility before the borrower signed? I know the notice to co-signor should be sent prior to signing the account opening disclosure. Is it safe to say we are in compliance as long as the notice to co-signor is signed and dated prior to the account opening disclosure? Thank you for your help.

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2218106 - 07/22/19 12:57 PM Re: Co-signor signature on credit card disclosures Traceyb258
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
I don't see it as an issue.

Return to Top
#2218107 - 07/22/19 01:00 PM Re: Co-signor signature on credit card disclosures Traceyb258
Traceyb258 Offline
New Poster
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly. I appreciate the help and advice.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z