BOL Conferences
Thread Options
#2234023 - 04/01/20 12:09 AM SBA Loans and Esignatures
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Hello,

we would like to start using DocuSign, or accept scanned applications for the PPP. I have reviewed the two documents SBA has released permitting ESIGN, however they require a cumbersome two factor authentication process that we cannot use. Understandably, its impossible to get guidance from the SBA right now.

Do you see any issues with accepting a scanned application vs a wet signature?

Return to Top
Lending Compliance
#2234148 - 04/02/20 06:50 PM Re: SBA Loans and Esignatures JC (Darth HMDA)
CosmoKramer Offline
It doesn't look like scanned applications would be acceptable based upon this procedural notice.

https://content.govdelivery.com/accounts/USSBA/bulletins/2831009

We are also struggling to determine if we can make Docusign compliant. Has anyone had any success?

Return to Top
#2234150 - 04/02/20 07:00 PM Re: SBA Loans and Esignatures JC (Darth HMDA)
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
This is not workable for you?

all SBA Lenders may accept scanned copies of signed applications and loan documents, provided the SBA Lender also obtains:
1.A copy of the individual’s driver’s license or other valid form of identification (front and back); and
2.A valid original signature on the applicable document within 6 months of the date of the Note.

Return to Top
#2234321 - 04/06/20 08:55 PM Re: SBA Loans and Esignatures JC (Darth HMDA)
JC (Darth HMDA) Offline
Diamond Poster
JC (Darth HMDA)
CA
Hi CosmoKramer - we were able to set up the dual factor authentication in DocuSign (one time code and identity-based questions).

Still waiting on guidance from SBA on signing the note - the Interim Rule alludes to it being ok but is not clear.

Return to Top
#2234554 - 04/09/20 08:46 PM Re: SBA Loans and Esignatures JC (Darth HMDA)
Mel in WA Offline
Diamond Poster
We have several wet signed/scanned applications that were submitted over the weekend. Our IT department added DocuSign fields where statements require initials and another signature line. These applications are being re-sent via DocuSign, with ESIGN consent and SMS authentication. We believe this will solve the SBAs requirement.

Return to Top
#2234559 - 04/09/20 09:00 PM Re: SBA Loans and Esignatures JC (Darth HMDA)
rlcarey Offline
10K Club
rlcarey
Galveston, TX
Probably fine for applications. No word yet on the actual notes.

Return to Top

Moderator:  Andy_Z